There is a need to strengthen the roots of democracy, inculcate healthy habits of discipline, tolerance of the view of others and to enable the student community to know about practices and procedures of the Parliament.
OBJECTIVE OF THE AWARD
a) Registration should be done through DBHEI website with proper details.
b) Photos of the event should be uploaded.
c) Complete DB-Youth parliament session should recorded.
- All DBHEIs are eligible to participate in the Portal Based Youth Parliament Programme, having at least 70% of them as students and 30% as faculty members.
- Must take up topics which are recommended by the organizing committee.
- Parliamentarian/ Member of Legislative Assembly/ Eminent political leader /Retired / serving officers including uniformed service officers / Eminent artist /Social Personality / Eminent journalist/writers/ Educationist must be the chief guest to witness the session.
- The participants shall speak in English to ensure a common platform for communication.
- The duration of the sitting of the Youth Parliament should not exceed one hour.
- The subjects to be selected for discussion in Youth Parliament should be as far as possible non-controversial. Matters raised in the Youth Parliament may relate to the subjects of welfare activities, defense of the country, social justice, social reforms, economic development, communal harmony, education, govt. welfare schemes, health, student’s discipline etc.
- No direct or indirect remarks may be made in the speeches so as to cast aspersion on the political parties or leaders/ persons etc. Every year a common theme on Government policies and programmes may be fixed for Youth Parliament.
- Each institution shall hold the Youth Parliament sitting in its own premises.
- Each Youth Parliament sitting may consist of about 50-55 participants.
a) Students should not represent any political background.
b) Final year students are encouraged to participate.
Every student taking part in the competition shall get Certificate of Participation and Teacher in-charge/ Head of Institution shall get â€˜Certificate of Appreciation. Principal / Head of the Institution with login credentials shall be able to print the certificate and distribute to the participants.
Youth Parliament programme will adopt the following timeline: –
|2||Organization of Programme||13-08-2021|
|3||Downloading of Certificates||01-09-2021|
The cycle/ timeline is subject to change from time to time as decided by the controlling authority.